If you’ve ever struggled to find age-appropriate materials for your 3rd-5th grade self-contained classroom, you’re not alone.
Most activities out there that are academically appropriate for your setting are often considered “too babyish” due to the cutesy clip art. However, most materials that are age appropriate and often too difficult for our students and require hours of adapting.
Look no further: Our Level C Made For Me Literacy aims to change that. By investing in age-appropriate clip art, high quality stock photo subscriptions, and selecting topics that are on par with grade level curriculums, we’re taking lesson planning to a new level.
4-Week Lesson Plans
Our monthly lesson plans take the headache out of lesson planning. With a day-by-day format, we’ve got four weeks of literacy content planned for you!
Read-Alouds and Graphic Organizers
While we’ve kept many of the same components as our previous Level B bundles, many of the items have gotten a major update.
Our beloved story map is included, but the less cutesy version is perfect for older students! As always, our read-alouds contain adapted story pieces and digital and printable comprehension assessments.
We’ve also included some awesome graphic organizers to help tie in important literary concepts such as sequencing, facts and opinions, and problem and solution.
This month’s texts include:
Amara and the Bats by Emma Reynolds (also available on Kindle)
Hoot Owl Master of Disguise by Sean Taylor (also available on Kindle)
Amazing Owls (included in the download)
And, a new feature of our Level C Bundle:
Leveled Readers (included in the download): Each unit contains a leveled reader (with 2 levels of difficulty). We’ve also included running records and printable assessments for each book.
There’s no shortage of anchor charts in this bundle! Whether you choose to print and assemble them as whole group, or use the digital version on Google Slides, we’ve got everything you need for these hands-on lessons!
This month’s anchor charts include:
- Class Graphs Students will love polling the class and marking their answer choices on these fun class graph anchor charts.
- Life Cycles: Life cycles are always a hit with students! Follow along the life cycles of bats, owls, and spiders.
- Bat, Owl, and Spider Diagrams: Practice labeling skills as students label the anatomy of bats owls, and spiders!
- Fact vs. Opinion: Students will sort facts and opinions about bats and owls.
- Venn Diagram: Students sort statements that describe bats, owls, or both!
- Vocabulary: Practice key vocabulary terms with this real-picture vocab. anchor chart
Easy Art + Writing
Okay, we get it. The term “crafts” is often associated with preschool activities.
But as with most of our Level C bundle, we’ve given these classroom staples a major upgrade, making them more age appropriate for older students. With step-by-step visual directions, students can follow along as a whole group or practice these skills independently!
Another Level C upgrade is our journal pages!!
Teachers are LOVING these fun, no prep writing activities. With 3 levels of differentiation, we’ve got something for your pre-writers all the way up to your paragraph writers.
This month’s crafts and writing includes:
- Do You Like Bats? Journal Prompts
- Bat Life Cycle foldable book activity
- Bat Diagram Directed Drawing with labels
- Fact and Opinion Bats
- Do You Like Owls? Journal Prompts
- Fact and Opinion Owls
- All About Owls Flipbook
- Owl vs. Bats Pet Journal Prompts
- Hoot Owl Book Report (craft and writing page)
- Do You Like Spiders? Journal Prompts
- Spider Learning (craft and writing page)
Centers & Digital PDFs
To help students practice independent skills, we’ve included 20 center activities in each unit (12 printable centers and 8 digital centers which can be accessed as Boom Cards or as an interactive PDF).
Every activity includes an expansion activity or higher level task.
This month’s printable centers include:
- Vocabulary Task Boxes
- Preposition Task Boxes
- Bats, Owls, and Spiders Poster Sort
- Vocabulary Writing Books
- 2-Digit Subtraction File Folders
- Digraphs File Folders
- Vocabulary Sentences Task Boxes
- Bats and Owls Interactive Book
- Yes and No Task Boxes
- Label the Animal Posters
- Fact and Opinion Posters
- Comparing Numbers File Folders
This month’s digital centers include:
- 2-Digit Subtraction
- Vocabulary Sentences
- Yes or No Questions
- Bats, Owls, and Spiders
- Comparing Numbers
Skill Practice Worksheets
We’ve invested in some more age-appropriate clip art for all of these skill practice worksheets.
So not only are they more challenging concepts than our previous Level B units, we have the clip art to match. We’ve included 16 skill practice activities, which mirror the center skills and anchor charts.
Visual and Sensory Recipes and Science Experiments
We love visual recipes! Not only are they super motivating for students, but they also provide opportunities to focus on so many important skills, such as following directions, counting, speech and language skills, math, science, and so much more!
This month’s recipes and experiments include:
- Bat Sugar Cookies: Students practice math and baking skills in this sugar cookie recipe.
- Spider Fizzy Cubes: Is there anything more motivating than a spider science experiment involving baking soda and vinegar??
- Spider Cookies: A tried-and-true favorite, this Oreo spider recipe is a huge win!
Leave a Reply